E2D's Simon Roberts is a finalist in the Australian Young Water Professional of the Year Award
Simon Roberts from the E2D Melbourne Office has been announced as a finalist for the AWA Young Water Professional of the Year award.
Simon is an eager and motivated young water professional with a strong commitment to improved water management. Whether it is in his role as practitioner, volunteer or member of the community Simon is active in promoting water and the important role it plays in shaping Australia’s future.
Professionally at E2D Simon has contributed to:
- 10 Integrated Water Management (IWM) strategies (including the Ballarat IWM Strategy which is also an awards finalist in the Prgram category)
- 12 Water Sensitive Urban Desing (WSUD) projects
- 4 Water Sensitive City projects
Simon regularly contributes to industry conference and was selected by the by the International Water Association (IWA) to attend the Copenhagen Urban Lab in 2017. As part of the Urban Lab Simon worked in a multidisciplinary team to develop solutions to flood storage, water quality (first flush, salt during winter, algal blooms), amenity and liveability challenges at Saint Jørgen’s Lake.
Simon has also made a significant volunteer contribution to the water sector., including:
- President of the AWA Young Water Professionals Committee (Vic).
- Co-founder of "Our Future Cities" - a multi-disciplinary student design completion and seminar series.
- Volunteer, World Bank’s Water and Sanitation Program, Zimbabwe.
- Committee Member, Engineers Without Borders, Darwin (NT).
We wish Simon all the best and look forward to supporting him at the AWA Awards in December.