South Bank and Roma Street Parklands – Energy and Water Efficiency Action Plan
E2Designlab have been engaged to undertake a strategic energy and water study to assist the City Parklands Services team in identifying opportunities for energy and water use efficiency across the Roma Street and South Bank Parklands sites. This study involved the review of site documentation, analysis of historic energy and water consumption data, meetings with the operations team and on site investigations.
The study identified:
- 13 key energy savings opportunities across the two sites, building on the current energy reduction activities already being undertaken
- 20 key water opportunities across the two sites which focus on optimising the water efficiency and sustainability initiatives already in place and improving in lake water quality
The key opportunities were then further detailed to develop a table of recommended actions. This identified the potential costs, benefits (including energy and water savings), and predicted payback period were developed for each of the recommended actions.
Water Sensitive City Outcomes:
- water / energy nexus solutions
- cost and benefits identified for potential solutions
- reduced water and energy consumption